OK people, this is seriously the BEST way to eat cauliflower – hands down. I literally ate the entire head of cauliflower I prepared – BY MYSELF. Yes, it is that good.
Super simple roasted cauliflower
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2-3 tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
Toss florets with olive oil and place on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and roast in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, tossing after 15 minutes.
Remove from oven & eat warm or at room temp. Warm is best, and in all honesty, after you have a few, they might not last long enough to cool to room temp.
Seriously, THAT easy. I highly suggest doubling or tripling recipe if you plan on sharing. Or even if you don’t – it’s not like there’s anything bad for you here.
Some health benefits from eating cauliflower:
- Cauliflower and other vegetables in the cruciferous family, including cabbage, contain compounds that may help prevent cancer
- It’s an excellent source of Vitamin C
- It’s thought to be a liver detoxifier
- Contains vital phytonutrients that help increase production of enzymes involved in detoxification
- It’s high vitamin C content can help those with rhumatoid arthritis
- Can help to lower cholesterol
Not too shabby, huh? And, when it tastes as good as it does when it’s roasted, there’s no reason NOT to eat it!