Anyone who knows me, knows that I don’t make anything without a recipe because it usually turns into a disaster. Which makes this “recipe” pretty much a miracle.
It’s so simple … I used up whatever veggies I had, added some stock and simmered for about 20 minutes. Easy peasy. And shockingly delicious. 🙂 Serve with a piece of bread & you’re good to go! This made about 3 LARGE servings.
My refrigerator soup included:
- sauteing a 1/4 of a red onion and 2 cloves of garlic in a bit of olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 a carrot, chopped
- 4 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small yellow squash, cut in 1/2 moon shapes
- 1 small zucchini, cut in 1/2 moon shapes
- 2 cups spinach
- few leftover steamed cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 tsp. chicken stock base (I use Penzeys) – use vegetable stock if you want in vegetarian.
- about 4 cups of water
- dash of Yah’s Best spice mix – you could use any kind of spices you want
- bay leaf
Sometimes, the best foods are the ones with the simplest ingredients.